Saturday, July 30, 2005

Saturday morning....

Thoughts I'm thinking:

I love Saturdays in general. There's the regularly scheduled sleeping in, the mid-morning coffee, and perusing ESPN.com for the Yankees score (which I usually know before I go to bed on Friday anyway). But this Saturday is a little different...

We are less than 48 hours from the Major League Baseball trading deadline. This is exciting stuff. After Sunday at midnight, teams can't trade without going through a rather complex process. So, there's this real flurry of activity most years. One of the reasons this is so exciting is that it keeps things fresh and new.

I kind of wish that life had a trading deadline. You know, when things seem to get bogged down and repetitious, there would be one day on the calendar where mass change would come in a flurry. Think about the fun that would be...you go to bed on Friday reflecting upon your life as a data entry clerk in Topeka and find out on Saturday morning that you've been traded and now are a flight attendant stationed in Miami. That'd be cool, no?

Books I'm reading:

I just finished reading "Soul Survivor: How My Faith Survived the Church" by Philip Yancey, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very affirming to see all the different people from many different faith traditions that had influenced Yancey's faith. It also served as a very strong reminder to continually separate Jesus from the church. I am, more often than not, a poor representative of Him, but that should always reflect poorly on me, not Him.

No comments: